Our law firm (with offices in Maryville, Edwardsville, and O’Fallon) handles divorce matters of every type and dimension. We have handled nearly every issue you could possibly imagine in a divorce. We don’t just address the legal issues. We spend the time to get to know you and to help find the best solutions for your life. Many times, what our clients need is not help with legal issues but with practical issues, like transferring car titles or strategies for communicating with a toxic former partner.
When choosing an attorney, it’s important to know whether that person can handle all of the legal and life issues that will come up in your case. “Family law is a broad practice area.” So notes one in-depth article spotlighting the parameters of what is unquestionably one of law’s most broad-based and complex legal spheres.
Our experience has shown us that clients need more than just what lawyers do in the courtroom. We are constantly working hard to improve the services we offer and find great strategies and solutions for our client’s legal and life problems. We can help with the following legal issues:
- Child-related matters such as custody, visitation, support and parenting plans
- Spousal maintenance (alimony)
- Fair division of marital property
- Post-divorce adjustments and modifications
- Marital contracts (e.g., prenuptial or postnuptial agreements)
We can also help with all the other things:
- Recommendations on which parenting plan will work best for the schedule you want
- How to refinance your debts
- How to tell your kids about the divorce
- The best methods for communicating with your former partner
- How to handle social media during your divorce
- What to do when child support is not paid
- How to get new health insurance
- How to handle behavior problems your children may experience during the divorce process
As experienced family law attorneys, we know that every person seeking our advice concerning a family law challenge is dealing with a deeply personal – even unique – concern. We do our best to address your concerns and help you navigate every challenge you may face.